ARTE LATINO NOW seeks to highlight the exciting cultural and artistic contributions of Latinos in the United States. Sponsored by The Center for Latino Studies at Queens University of Charlotte in partnership with Gil Projects, Inc., Art Sí and Queens’ Departments of Art and Foreign Languages and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
What does Latinidad mean to you?
We invite artists who self define as Latino and live and work in the United States to submit an original creative work in their medium of choice that illustrates their concept of the theme.
Categories for consideration include:
Judging will be done in two ways. There will be popular voting by people on Facebook and there will also be formal judging by respected professionals in the arts field. Winners will be exhibited at Queens University of Charlotte early 2013.
Deadline for Submissions is October 12, 2012
• No more than one submission per artist is permitted
• Media Submissions should be no more than 3 minutes in length. Performance pieces such as theater, music, dance and performance art etc. will be submitted digitally and should be limited to the 3 minute length. Two dimensional projects should be no larger than 40 x 40 inches. These dimensions include the frame and any other ancillary appendages.
• Please email your submission to email@example.com Subject line: Latinidad Competition submission.
• Write a one page maximum description of your work and upload it. Use 12 pt. Times New Roman font
• Include a one paragraph bio and head shot. Use 12 pt. Times New Roman font
• Artists selected will be responsible for all shipping costs related to the exhibit. Deadlines for shipping will be discussed with individual artists
• A 25% commission will be deducted from the sales price for all works exhibited in the show at Queens University of Charlotte